Nena Arias | March 1, 2021
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
yet do it with gentleness and respect.
(1 Peter 3:15)
A very important and dangerous piece of legislation has already been passed by the House and now is poised to pass in the Senate as well. We cannot remain silent on this one!
This piece of legislation is yet another sign of what happens when the human race runs away from God and his truth. They begin to make up all kinds of rules and structures that are not only ridiculous but also are not factual, not scientifically proven, and have no basis in reality. What is worse, we are teaching this to our kids en masse. What are we doing to ourselves and our children?
The legislation I am referring to is H.R. 5 – but is deceivingly named the Equality Act.
Who doesn’t want equality in America? We all do, for the most part. But are we to accept all ideas, concepts and lifestyles on the same level of importance? That is what is being corrupted right under our noses. Emphasizing this kind of ‘equality’ is perverse. We are not to confuse accepting immoral values on the same level as true moral values.
The Equality Act is deceptively named and is a very great threat to our nation. It is a choke hold on our nation’s “windpipe”, so to speak. It will choke the life out of us, our culture and take us further down the path of immorality to communism and a Marxist type of totalitarianism since they propose not only to legislate it but to use the full force of the federal government to implement it.
The Biden Administration has said they want to pass this within their first 100 days. This will prove to be devastating —for people, for businesses, and for ministries of faith, the Equality Act is a threat to life as we know it in our nation today. It’s a real game-changer but not for good. Change is good if it is going to better us and our society but when that change is not in accordance with what is decent and good, it will only help to destroy us.
What does this H.R. 5 –Equality bill do?
• The Equality Act designates schools, churches, and healthcare organizations as “public accommodations.” With this, schools, churches, and hospitals could be forced to accept the government’s beliefs and mandates about sexual orientation and gender identity. That is highly intrusive and controlling. It will threaten everyday speech where people can be fined or lose their jobs for using the wrong name or pronouns.
• The Equality Act will legislate that we allow boys in girls’ sports, boys in girls’ locker rooms, men in women’s shelters, and men in women’s prisons. It will force teachers and students to publicly pretend that a biological male is a female. Schools will be encouraged or mandated to instruct first, second, and third graders that they can choose to be a boy or a girl, or neither, or both, making biological sex (and science) a relic of the past. This is unprecedented!
• The Equality Act will use the force of law across all 50 states to strip Christian and other religious ministries of their right to hire people of shared faith to pursue a shared mission. Can you imagine a Christian organization being forced to hire people hostile to its deeply held beliefs who have no passion or conviction for its beliefs, teachings, and mission? That doesn’t work. It will destroy God’s work as we know it.
• The Equality Act will strip health professionals of their rights of conscience. It will force doctors and medical professionals who do not want to do harm to engage in gender transition treatments such as hormone-blocking, cross-sex hormones, or surgery. It is obvious that a faith-based hospital should not have to perform gender transition surgeries that go entirely against all they believe.
• The Equality Act will be a tool used by the government to deny or threaten accreditation to religious colleges and universities if they do not satisfy the demands of the secular Left to apply sexual orientation and gender identity to dorms, sports, places of privacy, and even teachings. The Act could be used as a weapon to threaten the availability of federal student loans and grants to students at certain disfavored religious schools.
These are just a few examples. This is a pivotal time for our nation but not in the right direction. The impact of this legislation is immense. We must not remain silent and accept what we know is wrong.
People of faith need to pray and act. Churches need to recognize the significance of this and pray collectively, asking for God’s intervention and mercy to help us protect the religious freedoms we have been blessed with for so long.
Most importantly, we must do all we can to properly instruct our children and young people warning them of these falsehoods and teach them the truth. Our children also need to make firm decisions of who they will believe—humans or God. The sooner they learn to do this, the better their life and future will be.